About the Employer
Mō Te Kaitukumahi
Mapua Village Bakery is a friendly neighborhood bakery, supplying fresh bread, pies, and pastries alongside a small cafe. We are looking for a friendly and keen learner to work alongside two experienced bakers to produce the range of baked goods.
About the Opportunity
Mō Te Huarahi
- Checking the cleanliness of equipment and operation of premises before production runs to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety regulations.
- Checking the quality of raw materials and weighing ingredients.
- Kneading, maturing, cutting, moulding, mixing and shaping dough and pastry goods.
- Preparing pastry fillings
- Monitoring oven temperatures and product appearance to determine baking times.
- Coordinating the forming, loading, baking, unloading, de-panning and cooling of batches of bread, rolls and pastry products
- Glazing buns and pastries, and decorating cakes with cream and icing
- Operating machines which roll and mould dough and cut biscuits
- Emptying, cleaning and greasing baking trays, tins and other cooking equipment.
No experience required.
Friendly, eager learner, team player, and able to work early morning bakery hours.
2am to 10am Saturday to Monday plus flexible additional hours