About the Employer
Mō Te Kaitukumahi
Torque Signage have a skilled in-house team of experienced, multi-talented senior signwriters and application specialists who are confident, reliable and passionate when it comes to brand application. With over 40+ years of combined experience in the trade, they each bring a wealth of knowledge to Torque.
From design creativity, fabrication, production process and installation methods, our team of experts believe it is their responsibility for ensuring our customers brand is getting nothing but the best exposure it deserves.
Our team live and breathe signage, they are seriously passionate about what they do which helps to create an even more enjoyable and lasting experience for customers.
About the Opportunity
Mō Te Huarahi
Provide (including learning to provide) high quality signage services, ensuring jobs are completed as outlined in the job brief and to required timeframes.
Carry out technical tasks as required, which may include:
- Mount boards manually or with aid from a mounting machine
- Applying vehicle graphics and graphics onto other substrates
- Fabricate signage elements including ACM fascias, lightboxes, 3D signs and other graphic elements with correct and best fit practices
- Using vinyl cutter and related software, including opening and resizing cut files from job sheets and outputting correctly
- Produce and install general signage elements as required
- When working on site, positively represent the company in everything you do
- Signwriting experience valued, but not essential.
- Awareness and understanding of solid safety practices
- Good communication skills (with clients and colleagues)
- Capable of self-managing projects from conception to completion and fully understanding a brief
- Takes pride in all work that is carried out
- Quality Control and eye for detail
- Works well under pressure
- Self-motivated and reliable to work alone
- A team player that gets on with their job, and supports others in their job too
- Shows initiative, drive, passion and develops skills
- Flexible, approachable and able to problem solve
- A sense of fun and enjoyment!
8.30 – 5 pm - some overtime may be required
New Zealand Certificate in Signmaking (Level 4) with optional strands in Traditional Signwriting, Three-Dimensional Sign Fabrication, and Digital Signage
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of workplace health and safety to sign making.
- Design signs using knowledge of layout, typography and colour.
- Create and manipulate graphic files for sign production using software.
- Manufacture signs, graphics and displays using a range of signmaking materials.
- Fabricate a range of materials and apply vector cut graphics to produce flat board signs using signmaking tools, machinery and equipment.
- Laminate and apply films to a variety of flat, textured, simple and compound curved surfaces.
- Produce signs using a range of surface preparation, layout and painting techniques.
- Produce printed output for sign production using digital print technology.
- Produce illuminated signs using LED and fluorescent sign lighting.
- Install a variety of interior and exterior sign types safely using knowledge of fixings and fastenings, building substrates, waterproofing envelopes and working at heights.
Graduates of the Traditional Signwriting strand will also be able to:
- Write signs using hand lettering, metal gilding an airbrush rendering techniques.
Graduates of the Three-Dimensional Sign Fabrication strand will also be able to:
- Fabricate three-dimensional sign components utilising a variety of tools, machines and technology.
Graduates of the Digital Signage strand will also be able to:
- Produce digital signage promotion using digital signage hardware, networking systems, and content production and management software.