About the Employer
Mō Te Kaitukumahi
We have a vacancy available within the Red Stag Timber Treatment Laboratory team. The RST laboratory is a small, but busy, IANZ accredited laboratory testing timber samples. The successful candidate will gain experience from sampling the timber through to the chemical analysis required to ensure compliance with relevant standards.
About the Opportunity
Mō Te Huarahi
This role will work with the Laboratory Supervisor with duties to include:
- Timber sampling and preparation.
- Conducting laboratory operational duties to ensure efficient ongoing delivery of a quality analytical service.
The ideal candidate will need:
- No experience needed
- We seek a science graduate or trained technician
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Tertiary qualified in science or have equivalent experience
- Practical and theoretical science knowledge
- Proven understanding of basic Analytical chemistry, with experience in:
- HPLC Chromatography
- An analytical mind, with a great ‘can-do’ attitude and willingness to jump in and help where needed
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent time management, communication, and organisational skills
- Good attention to detail and excellent computer skills, including use of Excel
13 month fixed term role (approximately November 2023 – January 2025) with normal hours of work being 40 hours per week (8:00 to 17:00), Monday to Friday