The purpose of this qualification is to provide the wood panel manufacturing industry with people who have technical skills and knowledge relevant to operational roles in composite wood panel manufacturing.
Graduates will have the technical skills and knowledge required for the safe and efficient operation of complex plant and equipment used to prepare, form, and press composite wood panel products.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Assess and minimise risk to self, others and plant equipment in a complex composite panel operation.
- Understand production processes used in composite wood panel manufacture.
- Apply a range of skills and knowledge to support the control of costs, product quality and performance improvement in a complex composite wood panel manufacturing operation.
- Use composite panel manufacturing plant and equipment to produce quality products and meet productivity requirements.
- Monitor production parameters, and identify operating and equipment faults and take corrective actions required to control complex composite panel manufacturing plant and equipment.
- Carry out plant and equipment preventative maintenance and cleaning.